Go To Search
City Council and Boards and CommissionsDepartments - City ConnectionsResidents - Resources and InformationHow Do I...? - How Can We Help?
Click to Home

Resolving Your Violation
Follow the Directions on Your Citation
The first step to resolving your violation is to read the instructions on your citation. The citation contains a lot of information on how to resolve your citation. (If you are a Juvenile, see the Youth Offenders page for resolving a violation.)

Entering A Plea
Remember only the person who received the citation can enter a plea to the citation. Photo identification is required when you appear. You have three plea options to choose from:
  1. No contest (nolo contendere): A plea of no contest means that you do not contest the violation filed against you and you are waiving your right to a trial by judge or jury.
  2. Guilty: By entering a plea of guilty you admit that the act is prohibited by law, that you committed the act charged, and that you are waiving your right to a trial by judge or jury. When you enter a “no contest” or “guilty” plea, you may:
    1. Pay the fine specified for the violation
    2. Request driving safety course
    3. Request deferred adjudication (disposition)
  3. Not guilty: A plea of not guilty means that you are informing the court that you deny guilt to the violation in which you were accused. When you enter a plea of not guilty to any violation, you will be set to a trial date. Please inform the court whether you want a trial by judge or jury. At your trial, a judge or jury will hear the evidence to determine your guilt or innocence.

Failure to Appear
If you fail to make a plea for each violation shown on your citation, a warrant may be issued for your arrest. For more information on warrants and how to resolve them, please refer to warrant Information.

Contact Us
Municipal Court

Ph: 281-554-1060
Fx: 281-554-1072

Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.

7:30 a.m. - Noon
Info Advanced