Requesting Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Materials
Helen Hall Library staff are pleased to borrow an item from another library if the title is not in our collection. There are multiple ways to submit a request:
- Submit an online request. Connect to the library catalog. On the top menu, select "Requests / Suggestions". Select "Interlibrary Loan Request" and fill in the required fields;
- Visit any service desk and submit a request in person; or
- Call us at 281-554-1111.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services are available to Helen Hall Library (HHL) patrons with a valid HHL card.
- Patrons may not request ILL services for another individual. ILL items must be checked out on the card of the patron who submitted the original request.
- ILL services are not available to library patrons with an unpaid account balance in excess of $20, or any patron whose account is blocked for any other reason.
- Patrons may have no more than three ILL requests active at one time.
- ILL services require a verified title and author to process interlibrary loan requests. Requests without a valid title/author may be disregarded.
- ILL services staff will accept ILL requests for periodical articles only after all local sources for an article have been exhausted.
- Because the loan periods for ILL items are set by the lending library (not HHL), renewal of ILL items is not permitted. Patrons may request the same ILL item one additional time.
- The late fee for overdue ILL materials is $1 per day per item, with no maximum fine.
- Patrons will be notified by phone when an ILL item is available for pickup. Email notification is not available for ILL items.
A patron may lose interlibrary loan privileges for a period of one year due to any of the following:
- Patron fails to pick up an ILL item.
- Patron returns an ILL item late.
- Any damage occurs to any ILL item while in the custody of the patron.
Permanent loss of a patron's interlibrary loan privileges may occur due to any of the following:
- Patron loses an ILL item.
- Patron returns an ILL item more than one (1) month past the due date.
- Patron does not pay for damaged or lost ILL items within seven (7) days of HHL's receipt of the cost of replacement information from the lending institution.
Items Not Applicable for Interlibrary Loans
- Materials owned by Helen Hall Library. Users must put on hold any HHL-owned materials that may be checked out or are otherwise unavailable that they wish to use.
- Audio-visual materials of any type. This includes DVDs, music CDs, audio books in any format, etc.
- Current bestsellers or other items published within the last year.
- Genealogy items not available through the Texas State Library.
- Reference books and/or rare books or materials.
- Microforms of any kind.
- Textbooks and any other class or course materials of any kind.
Requests made for any of these types of items will be disregarded.
To learn more about the ILL program, please reach out to us by phone at 281-554-1111 or by email at email@example.com.