- Fire & Emergency Services
- Join Our Team
Join Our Team
New Academy Class starts in February 2023
Apply online to become a volunteer firefighter by November 15, 2022.
To apply, you must be a resident of League City and pass a background check.
Classes are every Monday and Wednesday from 6 to 9 p.m. and every other Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for 16 weeks.
Answer the Call
Every day, League City volunteer firefighters answer the call of our families, friends, and neighbors who need assistance. Volunteer Firefighters are a special type of people, with many different reasons for answering the call of duty. Some like the challenges and the adrenaline rush, while others like to sharpen their emergency skills and techniques. Every one of them volunteers to help someone in need.
Serving your community as a volunteer firefighter provides our League City citizens with a valuable service and can bring personal rewards as well including: personal growth, the development of leadership skills, and a tremendous sense of accomplishment for a job well done. From car accidents to house fires, firefighters are there to protect our lives and property.
Benefits of serving as a volunteer for the League City Fire Department include:
- Generous pension plan
- Opportunities to make extra money
- Training in firefighting and medical rescue
- Department pays for certain activities and continued education
- Opportunity to give back to the community
- Flexibility in choosing when to respond to calls
- Admiration and respect from citizens
- Sense of pride and accomplishment
- Inspiration to family and peers
- Opportunities to join specialty rescue teams
- Veterans can find the camaraderie they miss from their service branch
- Unique experiences and a worldwide brotherhood deeply rooted in tradition
Example of Duties
- Respond to fire alarms and extinguish fire
- Respond to calls for medical assists
- Respond to and render assistance in emergency cases
- Clean and inspect equipment and apparatus after returning from a fire
- Inspect equipment and apparatus and notify chain of command of any defects
- Make minor repairs to equipment and apparatus
- Perform routine preventative maintenance tasks and keep records of such action
- Keep fire station, equipment, and grounds in a clean and orderly condition
- Participate in training activities and instruction sessions
- Acquire and retains a thorough knowledge of the City
- Perform various public information or education tasks
- Enter inspection, training, and fire calls into the records management system
- Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with City/Department policies
- Work with other City departments on a daily basis
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
May respond to emergency calls for specialized service such as hazardous materials, confined spaces rescue, extrication, and technical rescues that include high angle, below grade, swift water, trench, and collapse rescues.
May respond to non-emergency calls providing a wide rang of public service activities.
May be assigned other duties by Fire Administration Staff.
- Must be at least 16 years of age for auxiliary; 18 yearsof age for regular membership
- Be of good moral character
- Have a valid Texas Drivers License
- Must be a League City Resident
- Drug free
- Must make a minimum number of training's (12) and firecalls (120) in a year
- Criminal background check with no felonies and no class B misdemeanors or higher in the last 7 years.
- Any false statement made by an applicant in his/her application, or otherwise, shall disqualify him/her