Hiring Process & Registration
- Meet all Eligibility Requirements.
- Pass the Written portion of the Police Officer Entrance Exam (Nelson Denny Study Guide PDF).
- Pass the Physical Assessment Test.
- Complete and turn in the Personal History Statement packet.
- Pass Oral Review Board.
- Pass a comprehensive Background Investigation.
- Pass Polygraph Exam,
- Pass Psychological Test and Evaluation.
- Pass Medical Exam, and Drug test.
- Receive an Official Offer of Employment.
- Certified applicants will enter the Field Training Program.
- Non-certified applicants are sent to a local Police Academy. The Academy will be chosen and paid for by the Department. The cadets will be paid the PN1 pay rate while they attend the Academy. After graduation, cadets will enter the Field Training Program.
Recruiting Event at LCPD
The League City Police Department will be offering three Open Recruiting Events at the League City Police Department during the month of January 2023. (Location: 555 W. Walker St. Lobby)
1. Monday, January 09, 2023, @ 6 PM
2. Thursday, January 19, 2023, @ 6 PM
3. Thursday, January 26, 2023, @ 6 PM
The Open Recruiting Events at the League City Police Department are for those considering a career in Law Enforcement and joining LCPD. Participants will be introduced to our recruiting team and will be able to ask questions about the hiring process. Following the Q&A session, attendees can practice the physical assessment test (minus the 1.5-mile run). The practice physical assessment test will be run to the same standards as the official test given after the civil service exam so that participants can see where they stand before the actual test. For those who wish to participate in the practice physical assessment test, you can practice all or any particular part of the test (minus the 1.5-mile run).
This is an informal event and we welcome all who are interested in the hiring process. Click on the following link to register.
Virtual Recruiting Event
We will host a Virtual Recruiting and Q&A session on Saturday, January 28th, 2023 at 9 AM. The information to get into the Zoom session will be emailed to all of those who register. Please click the link below to register.