General Adoption Information
Thank you for choosing to adopt a pet at League City Animal Care!
We are open for Pet Adoptions Tuesday-Thursday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday- Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. We are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Please note that animal adoptions are completed on a first come, first served basis.
View Adoptable Pets
- Click here to see all available pets at League City Animal Care .
These pets are currently available to adopt through League City Animal Care and are located at our Adoption Center, in our Foster Care program, or at local Pet Stores in our "Kitty Condo" program!
To adopt one of these pets, follow the steps listed below.
- Click here to see local pets in need of rehoming.
These pets are in need of rehoming from their current homes. Adopting a pet directly from their current home allows pet to bypass the shelter and is beneficial for the pet, the adopter, and the shelter! Learn more on our Rehoming Assistance Page.
To adopt one of these pets, follow the steps listed on the Home To Home site.
- Click here to see available Working Cats at League City Animal Care.
These cats are currently available to adopt through League City Animal Care as Working Cats!
To adopt one of these pets, follow the steps listed on the Working Cat page.
How to Adopt:
Is the pet you are interested in at our shelter?
Step 1 - Visit the ShelterStart the process by visiting League City Animal Care to meet your potential new furry family member in person! Be prepared to spend some time with the pets in our care. We want to ensure we are helping you make a great match!
Step 2 - Complete the SurveyOnce you have decided which pet will be a great fit for your family, we'll have you complete a simple Adoption Survey onsite.
Step 3 - Complete Your AdoptionStaff will review your survey and provide you with any information you may need about your new furry friend. (View adoption fees and promotions.)
Step 4 - Bring Home Your New PetHead home with your new best friend! We provide a cardboard carrier for cats and a leash for dogs.
Is the pet you are interested in currently in a Foster Home or at an Offsite Adoption location?
Step 1 - Send an email:Email FosterAPet@LeagueCityTX.gov with the name and animal ID of the pet you are interested in.
Step 2 - Learn more:We will connect you with the foster caregiver through email so that you can learn more about the pet's personality! Please allow at least 48 hours for the foster caregiver to reach out.
Step 3 - Complete your adoption:Found your purrfect match? The foster caregiver will provide next steps and notify us that you are moving forward with the adoption. Please plan to come to League City Animal Care to complete the adoption process once approved. (View adoption fees and promotions.)
What to expect when you're expecting a new pet!
- Adopters must be at least 18 years old to adopt. Please bring a valid government-issued photo ID with you when you come to adopt.
- Please check the pet policies at your residence, including breed or size restrictions and pet deposits/fees, prior to completing the adoption process.
- Plan to spend some time here getting to know the animals before completing your adoption. We want you to help you make a great match!
- Be prepared to take your new pet home with you! Most pets will leave with you the same day. We provide a cardboard carrier for cats and a leash for dogs. You may want to bring along a kennel for safe transport.
- Wondering if your current dog will get along with your newly adopted dog? We welcome adopters to bring their current dog along to adopt, however this is not required. Adjustments periods will be needed once your new pet comes home and we are happy to explain the intro process for safe integrations once you get your pet home!
- Afraid of commitment? We offer Adoption Trials in which you can take a pet home and see how he/she does in their new environment. LCAC offers a 7-day trial period. If you are interested in this program, please ask a staff member if the pet you would like to adopt qualifies for this program!
- Still have questions? You can email us at AdoptAPet@LeagueCityTX.gov!