- Police Department
- Training Portal
- LCPD Jobs
- Police Officer Openings
- Other LCPD Jobs
- Telecommunicator Operator Opportunities
- Full-Time Telecommunicator Operator
Full-Time Telecommunicator Operator
Telecommunication Operator - Now Hiring
Thank you for your interest in becoming a League City Police Department Communications Operator. A career with the League City Police Department is both exciting and personally fulfilling. We serve the largest city in Galveston County and are experiencing tremendous growth both within our community and our department. With this growth comes the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives. We are looking for role models who are committed to serving their community with professionalism, respect, integrity, dedication, and excellence.
A Great Place to Work
League City Telecommunications Officers enjoy a very competitive salary and benefits package, including educational incentive pay, bilingual pay, paid vacations and paid sick leave. In addition, we have comprehensive medical, dental, and retirement plans.
The Selection Process
The selection process is thorough and may take several weeks. All applicants must successfully pass each of the following phases in order to qualify for a position:
- Applicants meet all City of League City eligibility requirements;
- Registration is held;
- Applicants take a computer-generated exam simulating dispatch skills;
- Applicants are interviewed by an Oral Review Board;
- A background investigation is conducted;
- A Polygraph Examination is administered;
- Psychological Evaluation;
- A Medical Examination & Drug Testing is done;
- The applicant is hired;
- Probationary Employees was successfully complete a field training program;
- Probationary Employees must demonstrate job proficiency in order to pass a one-year probationary period.
Telecommunicator Testing Information
Applicant testing for the position of communication operator will be held at the League City Public Safety Building located at:
555 W Walker Street
League City, Texas 77573
Assistant Communications Manager Rhonda Darrow is contacting all applicants on file to arrange test dates. If you have submitted an application and have not yet been contacted, you may contact Rhonda Darrow at 281-554-1837 for assistance.
The League City Police Department utilizes a computer-administered dispatch simulation testing software called CritiCall. The test generally takes approximately 2 1/2 hours to complete as applicants are assessed in multiple areas that include:
- Call summarization
- Character comparison
- Data entry
- Map reading
- Memory recall
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence clarity
Applicants are required to bring a photo ID for test admission. Applicants with face, neck, or hand tattoos will not be eligible for employment. Applicants must also complete and bring a Personal History Packet (PDF) to the test.
Note: If you have trouble opening the Personal History Statement packet, you will need to do one of the following:
- Try using a different browser: Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Chrome, or Internet Explorer
- Right-click on the link and save the file to your desktop. Open the file, complete the forms, and print.
- Install the proper Adobe add-on for the browser you are using to open the packet.
In addition to the personal history packet, you must also fill out and submit an application. Choose the application for the appropriate employment position.