FY 2024 Budget
League City’s proposed FY 2024 budget document will be reviewed and discussed with City Council during a series of work sessions from mid-July to early August. These meetings, which are held at the Civic Center, are open to the public including time designated on each agenda for public comment (see dates below). During the work sessions, City Council may revise, alter, increase, or decrease the items of the budget. City Council’s changes are included in the budget ordinance for approval in late August with a second reading in early September. The public can get involved in a variety of different ways:
- Review the proposed budget document either through the City’s website (which will be posted in July) or in person at the Helen Hall Library.
- Budget or CIP questions can be submitted to the Assistant City Manager – CFO, Angie Steelman, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-338-4186.
- Attend a Council workshop (see the schedule of dates and agenda below)
- Attend a public hearing on the Budget (proposed for Aug. 8 and 22) and sign up before the meeting to speak during the public hearing time.
- Attend any Council meeting and sign up before the meeting to speak during the Citizen Comments time.
All workshops are open to the public and will be held at the Johnnie Arolfo Civic Center at 6 p.m. See the dates below to learn when specific budget and CIP items will be discussed.
FY 2024 Budget Schedule
|July 17||CIP Capital Projects and Overview of FY2024 Proposed Budget|
|July 24||Council Budget Work Session: Utilities, Engineering, Streets, Planning, Building, Neighborhood Services, Economic Development, Project Management, Information Technology & Facilities|
|July 31||Council Budget Work Session: Administration, Public Safety, Parks & Library, Communications, Finance, Budget & Human Resources|
|Aug. 1||Council Budget Work Session: Outstanding items and wrap-up|
|Date||Budget Ordinance Adoptions|
|Aug. 8||Public Hearing on FY 2024 Budget|
|Aug. 22||Public Hearing on FY2024 Budget; First reading on FY 2024 Budget Ordinance|
|Sept. 12||Second & Final reading of FY 2024 Budget Ordinance|
|Sept. 20||Deadline to adopt FY 2024 Budget per City Charter|