- Public Works
- Garbage & Recycling
- Other Disposal Options
Other Disposal Options
What to do With Your Waste
If you aren’t sure what to do with your household waste, first identify what type of waste it is.
- Construction Debris: Find construction debris disposal guidelines here.
- Heavy Trash: Find heavy trash disposal guidelines here.
- Household Hazardous Waste: Find household hazardous waste disposal guidelines here.
- Recycling: Find recycling guidelines here.
- Yard Waste: Find yard waste disposal guidelines here.
Waste Disposal Options for League City Residents
Depending on the type of waste you have, there are several options for disposal.
- For regular trash, recycling, yard waste, and heavy trash, residents have curbside pickup options that are part of League City’s contract with AmeriWaste. Please follow the guidelines listed on the linked pages to ensure your trash qualifies and will be picked up. Currently, heavy trash is picked up on your second trash day. Beginning in May 2023, heavy trash will be serviced on both of your pickup days.
- To find your recycling pickup day, enter your address into our interactive map.
- Beginning in 2023, there will be two curbside household hazardous waste pickup days per year. More information about this service will be released in the coming months.
- Residents may also call and schedule a curbside pickup with AmeriWaste to dispose of a qualifying heavy waste and debris. There is a $76.07 pick-up fee, plus a disposal fee of $7.91 per cubic yard of debris. Debris must be placed in a dumpster bag. These bags can be purchased from your local home improvement store. Please contact AmeriWaste at 281-585-3200 for additional questions and to schedule your pickup.
Stella Roberts Facility in Pearland
Stella Roberts Recycling Center in Pearland takes a variety of Hazardous Waste Materials. Residents can make an appointment to drop off HHW at the facility—located at 5800 Magnolia Pkwy—from Tuesday through Saturday. There is no fee for League City residents who bring a driver’s license and recent utility bill for proof of residency.
Acceptable items include brake fluid, household chemicals and cleaners, paints and stains (max of 25 cans), general chemicals and adhesives, and lawn and pool chemicals. If your material is not listed, please call ahead at 281-489-2795 prior to booking your appointment.
Click here to schedule an appointment.
Nearby Landfills (not associated with AmeriWaste)
Residents may bring non-hazardous waste to these nearby landfills, but there may be an associated fee. Please call before your visit to ensure you understand their protocol, fees, and accepted items.
- 21000 East Highway 6
Alvin, TX 77511
- 3935 Avenue A
Santa Fe, TX 77510
- 4649 Dixie Farm Road
Pearland, TX 77581
Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Events
As part of League City’s agreement with AmeriWaste, there are two Household Hazardous Waste disposal events hosted at Hometown Heroes each year in the spring and fall. 2023 Household Hazardous Waste events will be held on March 18 and August 26. Learn more about Household Hazardous Waste events here.
Freon & Car Parts/Materials
Customers looking to dispose of refrigerators, air conditioners, or other cooling devices are responsible for properly dealing with Freon disposal before the items are picked up. The item must be drained of Freon by a licensed HVAC technician or plumber. A tag bearing the service provider’s license number and date of service must been affixed to the appliance ensuring all refrigerant has been removed and properly disposed of according to state law.
Car Parts & Materials
If you need to dispose of any of the following car parts or materials, call a local automotive store to inquire about recycling options or take them to the Stella Roberts facility.
- Brake Fluid
- Transmission Fluid
- Car Batteries
- Car Oil
- Oil Filter
- Car Tires
- Trailer Tires