Clear Creek Master Plan Update
The City of League City is working on a Clear Creek Master Plan. The purpose of the plan is to build off the recommendations from the 2017 Parks, Trails, and Open Space Master Plan. The Clear Creek Master Plan will serve as a policy guide for future land use, development character, multi-modal connectivity, and recreation/tourism along the entire Clear Creek, with a primary goal of improving public access between land and the waterfront.
Subdivisions, Areas, or Streets Impacted
Along Clear Creek from Friendswood to Davis Road
Scope of Work
Clear Creek Master Plan will build off the recommendations from the 2017 Parks, Trails, and Open Space Master Plan. The plan will serve as a policy guide for future land use, development character, multi-modal connectivity, and recreation/tourism along Clear Creek, with a primary goal of improving public access between land and the waterfront.
Project Status as of March 2023
To be completed in Fiscal Year 2023
Project Manager Contact Information
The first Public Input and Community Engagement Meeting was held on March 8, 2023. Approximately 50 people attended the meeting to review existing conditions, provide feedback related to amenities and discuss with City staff and consultant team regarding concerns along Clear Creek.
When asked about the current use of Clear Creek, many participants stated:
- Some participants enjoy observing the wildlife and environmental features along Clear Creek.
- Many participants access Clear Creek at public sites like Walter Hall Park and the boat ramp at FM 270
- Others live directly on Clear Creek and access the water through their property. Improvements would need to be made at these sites to allow for access to Clear Creek when tides are low.
- Some participants would like to see more planting and vegetation along Clear Creek to keep it more natural and preserve areas for wildlife.
When asked to rank improvements to Clear Creek based on importance:
- Many participants believe wildlife and environmental conservation and maintenance improvements to be very important.
- Many of those in attendance found developing or activating city-owned parkland to be the least important improvement.
Poster boards with community input that were viewed and commented on during the first public meeting:
To view all poster boards, download the Clear Creek Master Plan Public Meeting Slides (PDF).
Clear Creek Master Plan Survey
Your input is important! Please share your thoughts on the survey for the Clear Creek Master Plan. More opportunities for public engagement will be arranged soon. Please check back for dates and times. If you would like to be added to the email correspondence for Clear Creek Master Plan, please contact Amber Pedigo-Byrd, Manager of Community Engagement, at 281-554-1265 or email at email@example.com.