For Residential Construction or Repairs
The homeowner or the general contractor needs to fill out a Building Permit Application (PDF) available at the City's Building Department or online. If the project requires a new water and/or sewer tap, make arrangements with the Engineering Department first to verify service availability (same location).
Please see the list of required documents below. For more detailed information on inspections procedures, please refer to the Residential Standard Operating Procedures (PDF) (S.O.P.) handout.
New Construction Required Documentation
The homeowner, architect or general contractor is required to submit to the Building Department the documents listed below for plan review and approval, along with a Building Permit Application (PDF). Production builders should review the Master Plan Handout (PDF) for digital submittal requirements.
Plans must include the following:
All plans must reference and comply with current City of League City Codes including the ultimate design wind speed in addition to state adopted codes and TDI requirements. The City has adopted the 2021 I-Codes and 2020 NEC. Wind load/windstorm must be rated for the ultimate design wind speed. Plans should not include any references to other communities. Elevation must show the height of the structure.
Master Permit Application Information:
Include the following details on the application for Description of Work: Master permit submittal for Plan #### Elevation(s) #######.
Master Application Documentation Required:
- Master Plan Information Sheet
- Plot Plan
- Impervious Coverage Calculation Sheet
- Elevation Certificate (if applicable) - Engineering Department – Alex Noel (281) 554-1428
- Stormwater Prevention Plan (if applicable) - Engineering Department – Alex Noel (281) 554-1428
- Drainage (if applicable) - Engineering Department – Alex Noel (281) 554-1428
- Water & Sewer Service Information (CRFs)
- Tree Disposition Plan or Letter (if applicable) - Arborist – Heather McKnight (281) 554-1441
- Energy Compliance Certification (REScheck) – Address Specific
- Manual J/Mechanical Load Calculations
- Mechanical Layout
- Electrical Load Calculations
- Electrical One-Line Diagram
- Plumbing Riser Diagram
- Gas Riser Diagram
- Architectural Plans and Details
- Engineering Package (Framing Plans/Foundation Plans/Windstorm Plans)
All new permit application submittals should be submitted as one merged PDF via the online permit portal.
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- NEW! Impervious Coverage Worksheet (PDF)
- Master Plan Handout (PDF)
- Standard Operating Procedures for Single-Family Residential Inspections (PDF)
- Standard Operating Procedures for Palapas (PDF)
- Driveway Detail (PDF)
- Generator Guidelines (PDF)
- New Buildings and Building Regulation Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Single Family Residence Building Document Submittal Guidelines (PDF)
- Floodplain Guidelines for Elevation Certificate and Survey Submittals (PDF)
- How to Apply for Sub Permits (PDF)
- How to Schedule Inspections (PDF)
- Solar Panel Guidelines (PDF)
- Do I Need A Patio Permit (PDF)