With hurricane season underway, the City’s Emergency Management department wants to educate residents on what they can do NOW to be better prepared for a hurricane or tropical storm this season. League City encourages residents to “Plan, Prepare, and Plug in,” to stay safe during hurricane season.
Today, you can determine your personal hurricane risk, find out if you live in a hurricane evacuation zone, and review/update insurance policies. You can also make a list of items to replenish hurricane emergency supplies and start thinking about how you will prepare your home for the coming hurricane season. If you live in hurricane-prone areas, you are encouraged to complete these simple preparations before hurricane season begins on June 1
Here are some important tips on how to plan ahead of hurricane season:
Make an Emergency Plan
- Write down your hurricane plan and share it.
- Make a plan of how you will get in touch with others before, during, and after a storm.
- Take photos of important documents and store them in a secure place.
Know Your Evacuation Zone
- Learn your evacuation zone, route, and an alternate location to stay.
- Include pets when planning to evacuate.
- Practice your plan.
- You may have to evacuate quickly due to a hurricane. Learn your evacuation routes now by visiting www.ready.gov/evacuation and identify where you will stay beforehand.
- Search online today for local pet-friendly evacuation locations: https://youtu.be/9f98ixT-2I4#HurricanePrep
Check Your Insurance Coverage
For more tips and information, visit www.leaguecity.com/readylc