As an official Keep Texas Beautiful affiliate, League City and citizen members of the Keep League City Beautiful committee, are encouraging residents, businesses, scouting groups, civic clubs, local organizations, and HOAs in our city to take part in the Fall Sweep— KTB's annual fall cleanup program open to all Texans who want to clean up their community. It's easy to get involved and help beautify League City by picking up waste, planting trees or shrubs, or even starting a community garden Here’s how to get involved:
- Pick a Location: Identify an area in League City that could be cleaned, or enhanced with plants and trees, and that is safe and accessible, such as a park, hike and bike trail, watershed area, or roadway. (City parks require permission from the Parks and Recreation Department. If you have a specific park or project you would like to discuss for the Fall Sweep, email Cameron.Parker@leaguecitytx.gov
- Register Your Event and Receive FREE Supplies: Go to www.ktb.org/fallsweep and scroll down and click on “Organize Your Own KTB Fall Sweep.” You also will be able to sign up to receive FREE supplies and materials.
- Recruit Others to Help Organize: Encourage friends, family, and colleagues to get involved and help organize the cleanup. Come up with a plan to dispose of the trash and recyclables you collect properly. Visit the site in advance of the cleanup date to determine where to set up a check-in station, where to leave bags of trash and recyclables, and what areas volunteers will clean.
- Contact Us: Email Rosa.Salcido@leaguecitytx.gov to let League City know about your event so we can supply City swag and support from staff members.
- Encourage Others to Get Involved: Create a Facebook event so interested volunteers can RSVP and you can easily communicate with attendees. Spread the word through email, social media, and e-invites. Use the hashtag #LCFallSweep and tag @KeepTXBeautiful in your posts leading up to the event and the actual day of the event.
The Fall Sweep will culminate on November 20 with a cleanup event and project at the Ghirardi Watersmart Park. Stay tuned for details.