The City of League City and the League City Historical Society cordially invite you to take a trip down memory lane as we officially repurpose the original League City School Building into a community center for the entire community to enjoy. Built in 1938, the building holds memories for many in our community, having served students in kindergarten through 12th grade over the last 80 years.
**Overflow parking is available at League City Elementary across the street, and at the back of the Community Center in the CCISD Technology Building lot**
If you attended school in the building, we would love for you to share any historical artifacts from your time there (photos, yearbooks, etc.). Please email Sarah Osborne at email@example.com if you would like to display any of your memorabilia for the evening.
Saturday, September 3 from 5 to 8 p.m. (come and go throughout the evening)
League City Community Center, 400 S. Kansas Ave.
The evening will feature...
- Complimentary food and refreshments from Celtic Cross Meadery and Duo Brewery, Wine & Cider Co.
- “Share Your Memory” story hour and story wall
- School yearbooks from the 30s and 40s
- League City Historical Society pictures and artifacts from League City’s first schools
- Dancing to the “hits of yesteryear” with the League City Ballroom Dancers
- Classic cars from the 1930s, 40s, and 50s
In order to provide enough food and refreshments, please RSVP if you plan on attending to www.leaguecity.com/rsvp