League City Animal Care Stats
Week of 3/12/2023 - 3/18/2023
These statistics provide a snapshot of animals moving in and out of League City Animal Care during a given time frame.
Want to see last month's statistics? Check them out here.
Canines By-The-NumbersIncoming Dogs/Puppies: 23
- Stray: 15
- Foster & Trial Returns: 5
- Quarantine: 2
- Police Interactions: 1
Outgoing Dogs/Puppies: 31
- Adopted: 15
- Fostered: 7
- Returned to Home: 6
- Trial Adoptions: 2
- Transferred Out: 1
- 70 canines on site on 3/20
- 135% of available kennels are full
- This means that 18 canines are currently being held in temporary crates or other kennels not intended to house them.
Felines By-The-NumbersIncoming Cats/Kittens: 22
- Foster & Trial Returns: 7
- Stray: 7
- Owner Surrender/Return: 6
- Quarantine: 1
- Transfer In: 1
Outgoing Cats/Kittens: 16
- Adopted: 7
- Fostered: 5
- Adoption Trial: 2
- Returned to Home: 1
- Euthanized: 1
- 19 felines on site on 3/20
- 40% of available kennels are full
LCAC is far BEYOND critical capacity as we currently over 135% of our capacity of kennel space for dogs and need immediate assistance. (This includes 18 dogs in pop-up crates, staff offices, & other kennels not intended to house adoptable or stray animals.)
League City Animal Care has proudly maintained a "no-kill" status since 2017 through the support of our community. This means that in the last 5 years, we have never euthanized a pet simply because we are out of room for it. We cannot do this alone though and housing this many dogs on site is not sustainable. Maintaining a "no-kill" status requires a community effort and we truly need our community now. Please see the list below to learn how you can assist.
How can you help?
Adopt or Foster a pet, especially a medium or large dog!
- Every kennel emptied by adoption allows us to move another dog from a temporary space and helps staff/volunteers focus on those who truly need our help the most! View adoptable pets & learn about our adoption process by visiting our Adoption Info page.
- Fostering pets not only helps us empty kennels, but also allows them the much needed opportunity to decompress from the stress of the kennel environment and helps us to learn more about who they are! This helps us better place animals with adopters! Learn about our foster program and register by visiting our Foster page.
Make the shelter your very last resort for reuniting lost animals or for rehoming a pet!
- Most lost pets are found very close to home and statistics have shown that removing them from their communities and bringing them to a shelter actually drastically reduces the chances of reuniting them with the people they love! Less than 20% of the pets we received as lost pets in August were reunited with their families. Learn more about what to do if you find a lost pet by visiting our Found Pets page.
- We have several programs in place designed to help you keep your pet instead of surrendering them to a shelter, including hosting low-cost events for vaccines, flea and heartworm preventatives, and spay/neuter regularly and also offer a Community Pet Pantry program for those who need assistance with pet supplies! While our goal is to help you resolve the problems you are experiencing so that you can keep your pet, we understand that there are circumstances that may not allow you to do so. In the event that you must rehome your pet, we offer two options for rehoming. Learn more on our Rehoming a Pet page.
- According to our city ordinances, LCAC is unable to reduce our adoption fees lower than 50% without sponsorships to recover the "lost revenue". Through generous sponsorships from individual donors, local small businesses, and corporations, we are able to reduce fees which drives additional attention to the many deserving pets in our care and helps us to place more animals with wonderful loving families. To learn more about sponsoring adoptions email Lynette.bodmer@LeagueCityTX.gov today!
Tell a friend!
- Believe it or not, by simply sharing our social media posts or telling a friend, you could be a huge part of saving lives! You never know who your shares could reach and how many pets you could help! If you don't already, please be sure to follow us on social media to stay informed!
Visual Kennel Representation: